You have no items in your shopping cart.

Do you need a Skip Hire Permit

Skip Hire Permit or a Skip Hire Licence, If you skip is being placed on the public highway, we can assist and arrange this for you.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Skip Hire Permits

Skip Hire Permit Useful Information

At 247 Skips, we can assist in arranging your skip hire permit, wether this is for a short term skip hire or a long term skip hire. If your Skip is to be placed on the Road (not in private land) this is something needed for hire.

You need a licence (skip hire permit) for:

  • Skips
  • Hippobags and other Skip Bags
  • Restrictions

  • You can’t put a skip on the pavement. You don’t need a skip licence if you’re putting the skip entirely on private land.

    You may need to put safety lights and markings on or around the skip. This could include:

  • reflective markings
  • traffic cones
  • night-time safety lamps
  • the name and telephone number of the skip hire company

  • Contact your local council to find exact rules for lights and markings in your area.

    How much does it cost for a Skip Hire Permit or Skip Hire Licence?

    The cost for a skip hire permit varies across each local council. We do not set the rates of the skip hire licence, we pass this cost on to our customers at cost

    Fines and penalties

    If you don’t put up the required safety lights and markings, you could be fined up to £1,000.